There are three main parts to Cisterns:
- Filling Valves
- Discharge Valves
- Flush Plates, Buttons & Handles
The other replaceable component for a WC is the seat
In general it is safest to find the manufacturers replacement for the part you need. However in practice there are many universal alternatives which can so the job just as well and often much cheaper. We are focussed on Grohe (Adagio, Rapidsl, Eau2) and Ideal Standard/Armitage Shanks (Conceala) products.
SYMPTOMS and PROBLEMS
- water continues to flow into the WC pan, best solution is to replace the discharge valve. Attempts to clean up the original parts are rarely successful. For some models replacement seals are avaiable which can be cheap and successful if you have the time to mess about.
- cistern overflowing is caused by a faulty filling valve which fails to shut off completely
- pressing the flush button fails to operate the discharge valve , if pneumatic then the bellows could be at fault. Alternatively replace flush plate or button.
- whilst wc seats can be fully replaced for some models it is possible to buy just the hinges.
IDEAL STANDARD/ARMITAGE SHANKS suites
A great variety of WC seats and cistern components are used. Sometimes suite manufacturers make special seats mostly they buy standard sizes from specialist seat manufacturers (eg Pressalit or Celmac). In general you just need to match the size/style and hinges to what you have now. Some seat manufactures provide easy comparison charts so you can choose correctly.